register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

thoughts on soy products

I have been asked by a few different people what I think about soy products. soya bean is considered to have one of the highest amino acid profiles. The estrogens are said to prevent cancer, lower cholestrol, relieves menopausal symptoms. However there are many people concern that soy products have negative impact on the body.
Personally I could not live without soy products! Tofu, Tempeh, miso, soy sauce, natto..... they appear so frequently in my dishes. I believe too much of anything is not good and also less refined the better. I hardly drink soy milk as a substitute to dairy milk. ( though I still use soy milk in cooking or baking etc.) fermentation is important too. And make sure the soy products you consume are organic and not genetically modified.

No comments:

Post a Comment