register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Thursday, April 5, 2012

sweet potato and quinoa cake with dandelion salad from my garden



The price on sweet potato has been so good lately I have heaps of them at home. I love sweet potato especially the purple ones. I often use orange variety fro raw dishes creating cous cous to spaghetti to soups etc. However I find these purple ones are better eaten cooked. They become so creamy and soft, so comforting.

I have made them into patty and served with salad from my garden.

PURPLE SWEET POTATO AND QUINOA CAKE
serves 2

300g sweet potato, roughly chopped
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
4 mushrooms, diced
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp miso
salt and pepper to taste

1. steam or boil sweet potato for about 10 minutes or till they are cooked, roughly mash with back of a fork
2. water saute the onion and mushroom with a pinch of salt and rosemary
3. when the vegetables are done, stir in quinoa, miso and the mashed sweet potato.
4. form a patty
Serve as it is or panfry, grill or bake till they are a bit crispy and brown.

SALAD
dandelion leaves
bok choy
carrot leaves
carrot
lemon peel

chop them to your liking and mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment